2013 in Review
First, it blows my mind that C.T. was viewed in 75 different countries last year. Top three were the U.S., the U.K. and Canada, but in this World Cup year, I’m glad to see people checking in from Brazil, Argentina, Germany and Italy. Most surprising countries? Probably Bolivia, Zambia and Myanmar.
Next, it’s clear that the blog’s front door is Facebook. At least that’s my top referring site. Second is Twitter, followed by (somehow) Pinterest.
Lastly, here are my top 5 posts from 2014, by the numbers. From looking at these topics, it seems clear you appreciate it when a take on male privilege in American pop culture!
1. On Really Respecting Someone. My post-Super Bowl brought in the most comments and readers.
2. And the Bummer is that I Really Like Those Western Bacon Cheeseburgers. Evidently, you all love a good boycott!
3. An Unwanted Conversation. Our 9 year old asked Amy, “Mom, when will I be allowed to dress sexy?” and many of you tuned to as I wrestled with the question.
4. On Mileygate. At the 2013 VMAs, Miley Cyrus was the one twerking, but in this post, I threw Robin Thicke under the bus.
5. On Really Seeing Someone. Almost a year ago, a good friend of mine expressed how she feels unseen when a letter arrives addressed to “Mr. and Mrs. <Husband’s Full Name>.’ Thankfully, Jesus really saw the women in his day, and he really sees women in our day.
Happy New Year, and thanks for being among the thousands of people who joined me in Challenging Tertullian in 2013!